The Canadian Maliphant Family website
This section of the Maliphant Family website is all about the Canadian branch of the Maliphant clan and is easily distinguished from the main site by the Canadian flag in the header.
The Maliphants in Canada are descended from two brothers, Harold Charles Maliphant [##47013] and Arthur E. Maliphant [##47015].
You will find them and all their descendents on Chart A-09.
Harold got to Canada first … but by a very circuitous route, as plotted by his marriage and the birth of his children:
- He married his wife Nellie [##47513] in Bandung, Indonesia in 1941.
- They had their first child Marjorie [##48020] in Sydney, Australia in 1942.
- Their second child Gwynth [##48021] was born in Caracas, Venezuela in 1946.
- Next came Marilyn [##48022] in Point Fortin, Trinidad & Tobago in 1947.
- The fourth was Robin [##48023] who was born in 1952, by which time they were living in Canada!
Arthur and his family joined his brother in Canada in 1952, settling in the city of St.Catharines, Ontario, not far from Niagara Falls Map.